Thursday, March 20, 2014

Taking shape

The past week the basement has really started to take shape. We (actually Allan and Greg, I clean up after them) are finishing rooms and making tons of progress. We've had LATE nights and I am exhausted as I'm sure the boys are, but we're hosting a bunch of Greg's frat brothers next weekend and I would LOVE to have this space completed. So, we're pushing hard to hopefully meet this goal in 10 days!
That yellow thing in the first picture is a drywall ceiling lift. Little did I know, you find these things at rental stores. I showed up at Home Depot one night this week about 30 minutes before they closed thinking/asking to rent one. The man at the counter looked at me confused and I'm sure I returned the look because obviously, you go to Home Depot for EVERYTHING. Why would I need to go to a rental store??  Well, lucky me, there was a contractor at the counter who had one in his truck! (I think he felt sorry for me, but hey, I'll take it!)  He offered to rent me his for 1/2 the price of a normal rental and off I went. Score!!! This little contraption saved us (Al and Greg cause lets be honest, I didn't do the drywall) so much time.
This is the wall between the two rooms as the walls are going up
Check out our shower! This thing is HUGE!!! It's 4'x5' and it is going to awesome.
The boys putting up the ceiling in the bathroom. 



One bedroom complete!

Living room progress
Add caption

Check out our rain showerhead. I cannot wait to have this thing done!

No comments:

Post a Comment