Monday, February 3, 2014

Move in day

Prior to moving to Rochester, Greg was a crossfitter in Mankato. "The aim of CrossFit is to forge a broad, general and inclusive fitness." Basically we do functional movements for everyday life. Think about getting on a plane with luggage. You have to squat down, pick up your bag, lift it above your head, and shove it into the overhead compartment. This is what we do in crossfit, LOTS of body weight movements, squats, push-ups, pull-ups, rowing, running, and jumping.



It. Is. Awesome. We absolutely love it, and we love the people we do it with. This is where we've found community. These are the people we spend the most time with and would do anything for. These are also the people that helped us move in! Crossfitters love lifting heavy things and our moving day was a workout! We moved (almost) all our stuff in 3 hours. In the dead of winter. And snow. Even my dad was impressed! :) (if you don't know my father, that's a big deal)

This is where we left off Saturday


You can't see the work my mom did in these pictures, but kudos to her for scrubbing my sinks, refrigerator, and bathroom on Saturday. It felt so good to move in and have my kitchen and bathroom clean. Moms are the best! Love ya mom!

BTW, if anyone wants my sweet drapes or lace curtains, let me know. They're all yours!

Sunday was filled with organizing and we accomplished something! Our guest bedroom is mostly put together. This is the one place in our home I can breathe. This is by far my favorite room right now. *SIGH* If you're looking for a little retreat, come to Rochester! OR, if you need to come to Mayo, stay with us! When we lived in the apartment, I always offered a room, but no one took us up on it. Check this room out! It's ready and my little bro is breaking it in for the next week.
.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have such a good group of willing worker friends to help you move! :) Isn't it the best to have room to host people, and the privacy and space you always craved?? We have LOVED owning a home so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ALSO, your family is pretty wonderful for helping you out so much, both with looking for a house and fixing it up. :) Way to go, O'R clan!

      Delete
  2. I am loving our home :) It's nice to have the space and our guests have their own space... not our living room. I can't wait to hosts BOTH our families here. I love having our families together and can't wait to do it in our home!

    ReplyDelete